GE’s Multilin G500, a member of the advanced Multi-function Controller Platform (MCP), offers a high capacity, secure, future-proof, and substation-hardened set of modular and scalable hardware and software components designed to simplify the deployment, operation and maintenance of automation systems.
This advanced hardware platform makes it it possible for a single device to host multiple functions and applications such as Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Concentrator, Remote terminal Unit (RTU), Human Machine Interface (HMI), advanced cyber security features, and non-operational data storage. By these functions, substation operators can reduce the cost of deployment and operation while increasing system reliability through a reduced number of devices in the system.
GE's Multilin™ D400 is a secure, substation-hardened gateway that collects metering, status, event, and fault report data from serial or LAN based Intelligent substation devices. The D400 summarizes data from the substation devices and makes it available locally/remotely through a standard secure web browser (HTTPS).
The Multilin D400 supports serial and/or LAN connections to SCADA masters. TCP/IP network connections are supported over the built-in Ethernet and the modem interface.
· Increase the operational and non-operational analog data management through Analog Report Generation capability
· Increase the availability and reliability of data through the presence of a third Ethernet interface, hot-standby functionality and Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP), IEC 62439-3 Ed 2 scheme
· Advanced security features including centralized user authentication (LDAP & TACACS+), access control, and auditing enabling compliance with latest NERC/CIP requirements
· Full suite of SCADA protocols allow for direct communications with Master Stations
· Secure pass through / terminal services allow personnel to access all substation devices, remotely
· Secure pass through / terminal server, with support for SSH and TLS, allowing personnel to access substation devices locally or remotely
· Direct support for industry standard communication protocols (including IEC 61850) ensures connectivity with new and legacy substation devices
· Graphical configuration with pre-configured device maps, offline editor, and secure LogicLinx connection simplifies device configuration utilizing SGConfig software toolset
· Application flexibility with complete IEC 61131 SoftLogic Capabilities
· Enable predictive maintenance with local or remote access to device status, annunciator, and data log
· Advanced HMI including File Explorer interface and streamlined Alarm page, simplifying device and system management
· Supports automatic record retrieval from IEDs via TFTP, FTP, SFTP, 61850 MMS, and SEL ASCII
GE’s DAPserver is a multi-function substation server designed for managing, securing and delivering substation information to electrical utilities. DAPserver empowers substation operators with the information they need to improve the operability, efficiency and reliability of the power system. The DAPserver product range is designed to enrich your existing substation assets and provide a migration path to the next generation of substation automation solutions.
· Flexibility to build a reliable, scalable and versatile substation automation system
· Ruggedized multi-function substation server designed with cyber security for NERC CIP compliance
· Data integration with multi-vendor substation devices
· Support for standards based protocols including IEC 61850 and IEEE 1815 – DNP3
· Online condition monitoring for asset management applications
*Your information is safe with us.
The Multilin D20E is the next-generation input/output (I/O) module for substation automation and SCADA RTU applications, ideal for D20 I/O upgrade. As a non-edge device leveraging the latest technology in microprocessors, communications and applications, the D20E I/O can be deployed within an electronic security perimeter such as with a server (e.g. D20MX or D400) or with IEDs.
The D20E can also be used to replace legacy D20 I/O modules with minimal field wiring changes. The D20E has the same termination connector and alignment as the existing D20 I/O; this makes the D20E a practical and cost-effective solution for substation RTU and automation upgrades and retrofits.
The Multilin™ D20MX Substation Controller is designed to execute communications and energy management applications for the monitoring and control of electrical substations. It is capable of amalgamating data from multiple slave devices and D20 I/O modules connected via communication channels into a single database using various protocols.
The D20MX represents the next innovation in GE’s cyber secure RTU technology for NERC-CIP environments. The D20MX is built upon the field-proven Multilin D20 technologies and continues the tradition of reliable automation and control through high quality and long term product availability.
· Supports multiple partitions which eases the upgrade of D200 multi-processor configurations
· Reduces legacy D20/D200 RTU upgrade expenditures by over 50% through backwards compatibility with existing D20/D200 installed accessories, such as chassis, modems and D20 I/O peripheral modules
· Minimizes operation and maintenance costs of existing D20/D200-based SCADA infrastructure by leveraging existing designs, processes and infrastructure
· Enables simpler and more efficient compliance with NERC-CIP requirements through the application of native cyber security features built into the D20MX Substation Controller
GE’s DS Agile Substation Gateway substation gateways perform the communication interface between the electrical substation and the area dispatch centers (SCADA), allowing SCADA operators to remotely control and monitor the substation in coherence with the operation of the whole area of the electrical grid.
The main functions of the DS Agile Substation Gateway are to transmit substation indications and measurements to the dispatch center, and dispatch centers’ commands to the substation control system. This is performed within the structure of the Energy Management System (EMS) of the overall grid.
· A multi-protocol gateway to interface with SCADA level
· The Substation Gateway can manage up to 4 protocols and up to 8 channels
· Rugged solution qualified for electrical substation
· Interchangeable with former A300 model
*Your information is safe with us.
These distance protection systems are ideal for single circuit breaker application, single and/or 3-pole tripping, and includes a full suite of monitoring, control and recording capabilities plus fault locator, autoreclose and check synchronism.The family is powered by a 12V or 24V, high power, temperature compensated charger that permits remote battery testing and alarms loss of line voltage and battery over or low voltage. Battery life is maximized with a low voltage disconnect feature, output voltage temperature compensation and extremely low ripple.
• Improve Reliability
• Reduce Outage Metrics (SAIDI, SAIFI, etc)
• Reduce O&M Costs
• Reduce Fault Location Costs
• Reduce Energy Loss Costs
• Defer New Distribution Substation Construction
The iBox Controller combines advanced functionality, multiple communication ports and local I/O in a small footprint suitable for both pole-top or pad-mount feeder automation and substation automation applications. Sharing the D20’s large communication protocol and automation application library makes this product a little powerhouse that’s easy to learn for existing D20 customers. The optional LogicLinx® IEC61131-3 soft logic automation tool smoothly implements popular distribution automation applications such as capacitor bank control, outage prevention programs and feeder resource optimization.
Key Benefits· Low unit cost makes it affordable to automate more devices leading to improved management of substation equipment and resources